Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Introduction

Welcome to Coin Collecting for Kids! I am excited to share my knowledge, and welcome any that you might have. I have made this blog so that all you kids out there can learn the way of the coin collector. I'll try to keep it easy to understand. No fancy language here :)
Here are some of the things you can look forward to in my posts:

Coin News;
This is where I will talk about any new developments in the coin collecting world.

Coin of the Week:
There are some great coins out there and I have put together this part to show some of them to you. This coin, as the name implies, changes weekly.

Trial and Error:
Even coins aren't perfect. They can be struck twice, off center, or even on the wrong kind of coin, such as a dime design on a nickel. They can also be tested, as in put on a coin, but not meant to be spent. These are trial and error coins. Read these posts to learn more about these cool coins.

Amazing Artists:
Somebody has to design our coins, right? This section is devoted to these great men and women. The worked hard to give us these coins. But I can't fire a gun salute to them on this blog, so instead I have this little area just for them.

Wonderful World:
This section covers cool world coins.

Cool Commemoratives:
This caption speaks for itself. Commemorative coins are Cool!

Making A Mint:
The U.S. Mint has an awesome history, which is covered in this section.

Coins and the Law:
Coins can be on the wrong side of the law too, but they can also be in the law, and this section talks about both.

Rooting Through the Lost Art:
This section covers coin designs that could have been.

Pay the Bills: Coins don't take all the spotlight! This section covers cool currency.

 I hope you enjoy my blog!

1 comment: